XFree86-4 config issue

digish reshamwala reshamwa at usc.edu
Fri Sep 17 14:46:56 PDT 2004

Thanks a lot Lowell,

After reducing the secure lever I was able to configure the XFree86 by using

#XFree86 -configure  & then
#cp XF86Config.new /etc/X11/XF86Config
(Copying it in common location where XFree86 can find it)

But afterthat, whenever I tried to start the X11 using

#statrx

the system simply froze??

Also when I tried to test the existing configuration by giving
# XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new

It simply frozes the OS???

Any idea whats wrong?  Can u please suggest/help asap

Macuser