Sound problem, help.

Long Story dead_line at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 08:10:09 PDT 2004

Hello Jan,

   Yes, sorry it was ofcourse device pcm,
   but what i wonder for is, its mention in handbook that
   it suppoze to be device sound...but sound it gives an error.

   and the error msg in KDE says:
  aRts control tool, (sorry- aRts had to restart)

  when i try to run the command artsd from shell, it just hang.!
  and the output of pciconf -v -l is

  pcm0 at pci0:31:5: class=0x040100 card=0x32dd4005 chip=0x24458086 rev=0x12
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    device   = '82801BA/BAM (ICH2/ICH2-M) AC'97 Audio Controller'
    class    = multimedia
    subclass = audio

  I really would appreciate it if you could help :(

  marwan