packet pass through vs ftp -- performance weirdity

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN maillist at computerking.ca
Thu Sep 16 01:50:22 PDT 2004

Happened to me once needed to set the the speed of the nic card in
rc.conf can not remember how to do it but it is in the man rc.conf page
and solved my similar problem.  Looks something like this if i can recall

ifconfig_xl0="inet 209.155.173.22 something about manually setting the
speed and mode of the card "

for me it had to do with the card not negotiating it parameters properly
and i had to beat it into submission with manual overrides.  glanced
through the rc.conf man page but it is to long for me deal with right
now the setting are in there somewhere.