question

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Wed Sep 15 19:14:38 PDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:50:15 +0700
"dave" <dave at jagoan.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new in freebsd..and want to ask something.
> 1. Can freebsd handle more than 80 giga Harddisk?
>     (maybe I want to use 100-200 Giga HD for data)
> 2. If I plugin a new harddisk, can be outomatic detect or I use do
> manual configuration?

I know it can easily handle 160GB drives as I have some. It should
handle 200GB just fine. The drive will be manually detected, but you
will have to created a new fs and ect on it your self.

You may find this fun :)
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks.html
And there is plenty of other cool info in there too :)