FreeBSD Forums

Gary Hayden g_hayden at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 12:21:14 PDT 2004

Is the FreeBSD Forums which your website links with active?  Is it open
to new members?  Sorry to bother you if this is the wrong place to ask,
but no one in the Forums area seems to be responding to mail or requests.

I have been attempting to install Versions 4.10 or 5.2.1 for the last 2
weeks.  I had problems and attempted to get some help from this Forum
site.  First it required that I register.  Then I received an email that
I was to respond.  Now it seems that the Moderator has to validate my
existance!

If you want your support to grow, you better learn to foster new novices
such as myself!  I'm really not sure I want to converse with the
"experts" within the forums!  After reading several posts from
individuals seeking help, it seems that your BSD experts are so full of
themselves, they can't remember when they didn't know something!

WINTEL may have its problems, but I have never had this much trouble
finding someone who could point me in the right direction when I have an
issue.  Maybe I'm just too stupid for such lofty exploits as attempting
to install a FreeBSD system.

--

Gary Hayden
g_hayden at hotmail.com