still more java problems (ignore last post)

Brett Wiggins bawig1 at student.monash.edu
Mon Sep 13 21:35:31 PDT 2004

Hi again, the last message was meant to have extra information. I must have cut it out before i sent the e-mail :/

         I am still having some problems installing java. I am using the guide located @

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/java-tomcat/x60.html

I have installed /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk13 without a problem. When I go to install /usr/ports/java/jdk13 I get the following message;

Because of licensing restrictions, you must fetch the distribution
manually.  Please access
 http://www.FreeBSDFoundation.org/cgi-bin/download.cgi?package=diablo-caffe-1.3.1-0.tar.bz2

 with a web browser and "Accept" the End User License Agreement for
 "Caffe Diablo ".  Please place the downloaded
 diablo-caffe-1.3.1-0.tar.bz2 in /usr/ports/distfiles.
.*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk13.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.

I went to the FreeBSD foundation website and found the following information;

"The current release of the JDK and JRE available via the FreeBSD Foundation is 1.3.1. These binaries have been tested and certified to run with FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE but may also work on other 4.x releases. These binaries are not intended for use with FreeBSD 5.x, due to a binary compatibility issue we are working with the FreeBSD release engineering team to resolve."

I am running FreeBSD 5.2.1 -RELEASE and have tried before to download caffe diablo but just get error messages when I try and install jdk13.
Is there another way of installing /usr/ports/java/jdk13 without caffe
diablo? Or is there another file I can download that will work with 5.2.1 -RELEASE?

Getting frustrated.

Brett