Soundcards on 6-current

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Sat Sep 11 12:24:23 PDT 2004

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:10:28 +0300 (EEST)
mikko at whitecortex.net (Mikko Heiskanen) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there support on 6.0-current for soundcards?
> I put the usual device pcm on kernconf, but it says
> it don't know about that. I tried device sound, it compiles,
> but there don't come support. If it's not supposed to, sorry
> for this message.

Noticed this when I started playing with 5x, but you will need to mess
with it a bit since support for sound cards has not been distributed
around to multiple devices now. Look in /boot/kernel for files named
snd_* and one of those will be the one you want, if the sound chip set
you have is supported. Or loading snd_driver should work too.