ok

Mike Hauber m.hauber at mchsi.com
Sat Sep 11 11:23:39 PDT 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 10:31 am, A W proclaimed:
> how come every time i try to launch KDE in 256 colors and
> select a screen like 800x600 it always gives me a 256
> color and something like 300x200 screen? how can i change
> it so that it runs like 256 color and 800x600 pixs?
>
> thanks

You probably want to look at you XF86Config file.  At the
command prompt, "man XF86Config" will give you the low-down
on what your options are in the config file.

Many don't seem to have a problem with the config
application, but it's never been a once-over solution for
me.  When setting up x, I'll use the application to create
the config file, then I'll go in and customize it for my
needs.  I assume it's because I have one of those cheapo
video adapters built into the motherboard, but I imagine
that a lot of people find it necessary to do so.

Hope this helps.

Mike