ASUS Laptop - CPU Temp utility?

Adam Smith adam at internode.com.au
Thu Sep 9 20:51:38 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 09:03:00PM -0500, Dan Nelson said:
> In the last episode (Sep 10), Adam Smith said:
> > Does anyone know of a motherboard monitor utility that I can use on
> > an ASUS laptop running FreeBSD 5.3?  I'm not sure which specific
> > board it has.
>
> xmbmon or lmmon should work, and if your laptop has good enough acpi
> support, "sysctl hw.acpi.thermal" might give you temp info as well.

Thanks... but!

[adam at gremlin /home/adam]$ mbmon
No Hardware Monitor found!!
InitMBInfo: Unknown error: 0

lmmon detects '255C' and so I'm guessing it's not reading values correctly.

[adam at gremlin /home/adam]# sysctl !$
sysctl hw.acpi.thermal
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 3240
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 3630
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 3680
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: 3130 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

I'm not sure that any of these values are of much help!  Anyone have any
further ideas? :)

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net