Set Screen Refresh Rate?

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 20:10:35 PDT 2004

You need to edit the HSync (Horizontal Synchronization Rate) and VSync
(Vertical Synchronization Rate) Parameters in your XFree86
configuration file. Btw why do you want to go for a lower resolution.
X, in most cases detects the monitor and video subsystem and selects
the most optimized settings.

Regards
S.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:11:36 -0400, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> phusion <phusion2k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I set the screen refresh rate in FreeBSD 5.2.1. I can go into
> > gnome-control-center and go to screen resolution then change the
> > refresh rate it to say 75 MHz, but then the next time I log into
> > X-Windows it's back to say 85 MHz. Is there some file I can edit to
> > keep it to stay a certain refresh rate? Thanks.
>
> You'll probably have to modify you X config file to get this setting
> changed permanently.  Depending on whether you are using X.org or
> XFree86, there are different tools for this, and the filename may
> even be different.  See the documentation for the X system you're
> using, or reply with more information about which X your using to
> get a more specific reply.
>
> --
> Bill Moran
> Potential Technologies