Set Screen Refresh Rate?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Sep 9 08:11:38 PDT 2004

phusion <phusion2k at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I set the screen refresh rate in FreeBSD 5.2.1. I can go into
> gnome-control-center and go to screen resolution then change the
> refresh rate it to say 75 MHz, but then the next time I log into
> X-Windows it's back to say 85 MHz. Is there some file I can edit to
> keep it to stay a certain refresh rate? Thanks.

You'll probably have to modify you X config file to get this setting
changed permanently.  Depending on whether you are using X.org or
XFree86, there are different tools for this, and the filename may
even be different.  See the documentation for the X system you're
using, or reply with more information about which X your using to
get a more specific reply.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies