MP3 Audio CD Burning

brian-freebsd-004 at clapper.org brian-freebsd-004 at clapper.org
Thu Sep 9 06:55:58 PDT 2004

On 8 September, 2004, at 01:41 (-0700)
Miles Keaton <mileskeaton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:25:02 -0500, Brian Finniff
> <brianfinniff at unixforge.org> wrote:
> > Is it possible to burn a CD from an .MP3 file? If so, how would I do that?
>

> You need to install sox:
> cd /usr/ports/audio/sox ; make install clean
>
> Then I wrote this little PHP script that seems to work well:

[ snip ]

Seems overly complicated (but, hey, if it works, great).

This works, too.

        lame --decode track1.mp3 track1.wav

Do that for every track you want to burn to a CD. You'll end up with a .wav
file for each track. Then (assuming you're using an ATAPI CD-RW), burn the
CD like this:

        burncd -s <speed> -f /dev/acd0c audio *.wav fixate

I've used this approach several times to create "normal" CDs from MP3s.

"lame" is in the ports collection: /usr/ports/audio/lame

-Brian

Brian Clapper, http://www.clapper.org/bmc/
There is no satisfaction in hanging a man who does not object to it.
        -- G. B. Shaw