sysinstall problem

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 8 10:59:53 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 08:44 am, Gene Bomgardner wrote:
> I've been trying to get the XFree86 distribution installed on my 5.2 box
> using sysinstall over FTP from several sites. Each time I get the message

Do you already have 5.2 installed and are going back into sysinstall, or are
you installing 5.2 and trying to add the package at the same time? Also, is
this really 5.2 or is it 5.2.1? In any case, it may be looking for a version
of the package which no longer exists. You can add the latest packages (after
installation) using pkg_add (and fetch them remotely using pkg_add -r. See
'man pkg_add').

> My questions are:
>
> 1) What is error code 1?

It really means nothing by itself; we need the real error to see what the
problem is. "error code 1" is just a generic fatal error message.

> 2) What debug screen? Where is it?

If you're installing, you can see more info by looking at the second virtual
terminal (alt-F2).

-David

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please