Can't send to mailing list from server

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Wed Sep 8 10:02:36 PDT 2004

Gene Bomgardner wrote:

> 209.x.y.z is a static address with a DNS entry courtesy of my ISP.
>
> Any idea what the list's mta is looking for and how I can provide it?

Yes i have, i have the same issue, i have a static ip on my colocated
machine, but there is no reverse dns lookup configured yet. When FreeBSD
mailingservers cannot find a reversed lookup, it rejects your email
until it can (the mail gets killed after your timeout trigger has been
reached).

So please check whether your 209.?.?.? adres has a reversed lookup since
that might be the problem :)

Cheers

p.s i read that you have DNS entry courtesy of your ISP, still i think
it's reverse issues.

--
Kind regards,

Remko Lodder                   |remko at elvandar.org