Sendmail 8.12.11 from FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE ignores many config directives

Karl Swartz karl at kls2.com
Tue Sep 7 17:14:10 PDT 2004

> > FEATURE(dnsbl, `rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org')
> > FEATURE(dnsbl, `sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org')
>
> The dnsbl macro now takes 3 arguments IIRC (wrapping inserted by me to
> avoid posting one huge line):
>
>     % grep dnsbl /etc/mail/freebsd.mc
>     dnl FEATURE(dnsbl, `blackholes.mail-abuse.org',
>         `"550 Mail from " $&{client_addr} " rejected, \
>         see http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?" $&{client_addr}')

It did before.  The third argument defaults to a suitable message, the
text of which changed slightly from 8.12.3 to 8.12.11 though sendmail
doesn't care about that.

> Hmmm, this works perfectly here.  Are you sure there isn't something
> else that is wrong, i.e. your /etc/mail/sendmail.cf being generated from
> the wrong .mc file or something?

Aaaaargh!  My old makefile was doing the install for me; the new one is
not.  I did a "make install" then "make restart" and now it seems to be
happier.  Sigh.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	karl at kls2.com		http://www.kls2.com/~karl/
  - Andrew A. Rooney