Error when installing apr-svn from ports collection

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 7 16:20:08 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 01:32 pm, Carsten Gehling wrote:
> I am trying to install "subversion" from the ports collection. I have
> updated my ports tree. When I do "make install" in
> /usr/ports/devel/subversion, the make fails on one of the dependencies
> (apr-svn):
>
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking minix/config.h usability... no
> checking minix/config.h presence... no
> checking for minix/config.h... no
> checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
> performing libtool configuration...
> ./configure: line 23307: syntax error near unexpected token `done'
> ./configure: line 23307: `  done'
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr-svn.
> *** Error code 1

Hmm... building devel/apr-svn works fine here. I'm not sure what the configure
file is that the above error refers to. I don't see a 'done' near line 23307
in apr-svn/work/apr-util-APU_0_9_BRANCH/configure or
apr-svn/work/apr-APR_0_9_BRANCH/configure.

Can you make clean everything and install apr-svn alone? Also, which
version(s) of libtool do you have installed?

You also might have more luck asking this question on the ports at freebsd.org
list.

-David

--