Update Databases from Webserver

Martin Hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Mon Sep 6 23:17:16 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:55:42PM -0600 or thereabouts, FreeBSD Mail Lists wrote:
> Richard,
> Thanks for your reply.  I thought there was something terribly wrong
> with that logic.  So I thought I would ask in this mail list since
> people have been great here in the past about everything else I
> wanted to know.
> Are there any security lists in relation to ecommerce that you
> would recommend?  So I can stop annoying everyone else here.
> I just don't want to make anymore mistakes than I have to
> starting down this road.

Stop talking like that. You are not annoying anyone in here.
You asked the question, you got the replies. Richard wrote nice
email. But it would be much better and less painful for you, if
you could run your credit card transactions using services of
your Bank, or maybe by some kind of well know and trustworthy
billing system. Why should you have dreamless nights? Credit card
info is very *very* sensitive information. So ask yourself, do
you really need to have all the stress or can you leave it to
your bank/billing partner (although for small fee)? And mainly,
are you well known to your customers, even to those which are
new? Because if I am about to give someone my credit card info
I will not trust to e-commerce application provider, but to well
known bank or such.

	Cheers,

	Martin Hudec

Martin Hudec            | corwin at aeternal.net