ISDN Jack Installation

Donald J. O'Neill donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 4 15:33:28 PDT 2004

You don't want ISDN. A single ISDN line is only 64K and if you don't
use a separate line for the ISDN, you interrupt your normal phone
service. To get faster ISDN, you have to put in two lines at X$ per
month. If you later switch to DSL and want to use your ISDN line(s)
for that, you're still paying for an extra line (in my case I was
paying for two ISDN lines). If you use DSL, you can use your
regular phone line, have a full time connection and not disrupt
your regular telephone, requires filters to be plugged in on all
the regular phone jacks in use. Skip the ISDN and go straight for
DSL. The other option is cable. Do not use satelite, you still have
to use the phone line (read that as install another line or
interrupt what you have) for uploading.

Don't do it.

Donald J. O'Neill
donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm