ftp-master.FreeBSD.org

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Sep 4 11:01:31 PDT 2004

Chris Ryan wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I am a keen freeBSD user.
>
>I love rebuilding the kernel / upgrading looking at
>where its going next...
>
>The concepts being released in 5.3 are great including
>the windows drivers hooks...
>
>I am keen to help out where I can.
>
>How can I get access to ftp-master.FreeBSD.org to help
>with testing?
>
>Regards
>
>Chris

I think the canonical answer is:

1.  Master C programming, or at least get Real Good[tm].
2.  Submit lots of PR's via send-pr(1) that start with the
        string "(PATCH)".
3.  Make sure the above fix extant problems or add cool new
    features, and that they do it the "Right Way[tm]", instead of
    the "this seems to work for me" approach used by Penguin
    afficiandos at times...
4.  Wait a while, folks notice, then you will be eternally punished with
        a "commit bit".

I don't think "master" is open to non-committers.  But I could
be wrong about that ...

Kevin Kinsey