Errata Branch

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 21:01:59 PDT 2004

It was said:

> Just so I have this correct:
>
> After I install 4.10-RELEASE, before I complete the first_cvsup my
> config file should look as follows:
>
> *default host=cvsup12.freebsd.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_10_0_RELEASE list=cvs:RELENG_4_10
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> src-all
>
> After I have completed the cvsup, I should change the config file to:
>

> *default host=cvsup12.freebsd.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_10
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> src-all

Hello,

Please keep the list in the loop. Someone else may have a more timely
and/or better response.
Yes, you are correct. According to cvsup's author, doing that ensures
the checkouts file updates properly. He explains why the procedure is
necessary in the faq. I don't remember the details, likewise with the
cvsroot=all thing. I just remember he said it was good idea.

HTH,

Stheg