freeBSD for a CVS server

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Sep 3 14:34:59 PDT 2004

On 2004-09-02 16:00, Martin Gagnon <martin.gagnon at genisys.qc.ca> wrote:
> I'm currently in the process of setting up a CVS server for 15-20 users
> and I'm now at choosing an OS for it. [...]
> -          Which version should I go with? Should I use 4.10 "Production
> Release"? Is the 5.2.1 "New Technology Release" suitable for a
> production server?

IMHO, not until the Release Engineering team announces 5.X-STABLE.

My personal opinion is that newcomers to FreeBSD should definitely start
with a 4.X version.

> -          Is there any article related to the setup of a CVS server
> with FreeBSD?

Yes.  Setting up a bare bones CVS server is easy.  A lot of articles are
available online.  Some links that will get you started are:

	http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/
	http://www.loria.fr/cgi-bin/molli/wilma.cgi/doc

and of course, the CVS homepage:

	http://cvshome.org/

PS: Please set your mailer up so that it doesn't send HTML email to the
FreeBSD lists.  It's a complete waste of bandwidth.  Plain ASCII email
is sufficient most of the time.