No subject

epf1 at cec.wustl.edu epf1 at cec.wustl.edu
Fri Sep 3 11:15:58 PDT 2004

I am having an odd problem with sendmail on a FreeBSD 5.3 Beta2 box that
has been updated from 5.2.1.

Here is the problem. I have a .forward set up for root that sends
the mail from the periodic scripts on to a "real" account.

Right now it doesn't work. It errors out with the following message from
mailq:

Deferred: Name server: mail.mailserver.com.: host name lookup failure

What is odd is this .forward worked before I updated the box to 5.3, and
the same account and setup still works for the other 3 unix boxes in the
basement. If I change the .forward on the broken box to point to my gmail
account the mail goes right through.

Any ideas out there on what might have changed with sendmail between 5.2.1
and 5.3 Beta2?

-Will