Way OT: How long does your box run for?

Andy Holyer andyh at hhbb.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 01:45:14 PDT 2004

The other day I was explaining something to my boss (a suit), and I
mentioned that a FreeBSD box would easily run for a year or more. "Oh",
he said, "and then you've got to reboot it?". I explained that
generally some upgrade comes along that reqwuires a reboot, but I
realized that I don't know how long a box would stay up in the maximum.
So, come on, this should be fun, what's the biggest uptime you've ever
had for a BSD box?

---
Andy Holyer, Technical stuff
Hedgehog Broadband, 11 Marlborough Place Brighton BN1 1UB
08451 260895 x 241