Startup Scripts

Scott Gerhardt scott at g-it.ca
Thu Sep 2 14:50:11 PDT 2004

I am noticing that startup scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d are now being
initiated from /etc/rc.conf with the enable="YES" invocation. See
example from /usr/loccal/etc/rc.d/clamav-clamd.sh below, which I just
installed from ports.

Besides using the kill/killall methods, what is the preferred STOP |
RESTART etc methods now?  What is the purpose of "KEYWORD: FreeBSD
shutdown"

#!/bin/sh
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/security/clamav/files/clamav-clamd.sh,v 1.3
2004/04/19 15:21:33 eik Exp $
#

# PROVIDE: clamd
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# BEFORE: mail
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown

#
# Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf to enable clamd:
#
#clamav_clamd_enable="YES"
#
# See clamd(8) for flags