does java needs linux base?

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Sep 1 11:37:41 PDT 2004

> From:          Dick Davies <rasputnik at hellooperator.net>

> You need a linux jdk tp build the native one.

... but once the native JDK is installed, you can remove the Linux
version.

> > can I remove it??? completely?? and how by the way
> > I mean all the linux_base and itss dependencies

If nothing but the Linux JDK was using the Linux emulator, then you can
remove it. Use pkg_info | grep linux to find out which Linux emulator
packages are installed and pkg_delete to remove them. To make sure
nothing is using the linux_base package, use pkg_info -R.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Boy, that lightning came a little clo-********!!*******NO CARRIER