building the 5.1 kernel

Andrew tacoboy24 at dragoweb.com
Wed Sep 1 05:25:24 PDT 2004

Thanks for the reply

Reply to your comments...

MINIBSD - I am presently running regular ole freebsd 5.1. I eventually
plan to rebuild the OS for an application. For now it is vanilla flavor
freebsd.

GENERIC - Agreed if no changes were made the kernel doesn't have to be
rebuilt. I used the unchanged GENERIC file to verify the kernel would
build before I started making changes. It insures all the files/scripts
are in place.

Alternative build process:
I tried it that way as well. Got the same errors.

Hope it helps
Andrew