howto software raid under FreeBSD?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Sun Oct 31 11:03:44 PST 2004

---------- quoting Matthias F. Brandstetter ----------
> Problem is, that man page says "atacontrol rebuild" is only valid on
> RAID capable ATA controllers. But since I have no such controller, I
> can't use this command.

Ahh, would it be possible to dd data to the new disk?

And if yes: Is this the correct way create the array for the first time? I
mean I have an existing installation on one disk. Now can I just dd data
to the second disk, create mirror via atacontrol, edit fstab accordingly,
and reboot into RAID without any other changes?

Greetings, Matthias

--
It takes two to lie.  One to lie and one to listen.

  -- Homer Simpson
     Colonel Homer