howto software raid under FreeBSD?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Sat Oct 30 03:17:09 PDT 2004

---------- quoting Subhro ----------
> Buddy, software RAIDs had always been a pain in the neck. they simply
> are not worth it as the kernel is busy babysitting the RAID and other
> applications suffer. Also in case of software RAID failures, it is a
> nightmare.

I do not think so.

I never ever had any diffuiculties or hatches with software raids on Linux
systems. I use them for several years in several machines now, w/o any
errors. AND: it's damn easy on Linux to create the array, hotadd a new
disk and so on...

greets, Matthias

--
Homer/Apu/Moe:
 You can do it, Otto!

Apu: Make this spare, I'll give you free gelato!

Moe: Then go back to my place where I will get you blotto!

Homer: Domo arigato, Mister Roboto!

     Team Homer