Sendmail Anti-Spam

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Fri Oct 29 19:53:20 PDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Sean Murphy wrote:

> I want to add an anti-spam solution to sendmail.  I was wondering what
> solution you chose for server side anti-spam and how well it works for you.

milter-greylist in combination with clamav-milter, a few select DNSBLs,
and entries in access.db for the worst offenders works wonders.  Here's
an article I wrote on it a while back:

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/greylist.pdf

This article doesn't cover the latter two concepts, and it's only a PDF
for now.  If time permits, I'll expand it and generate text and HTML
versions.

(Now that I think about it, the article uses the clamav-devel port,
which should be replaced with the plain clamav port now.)