Compatible NIC

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Oct 29 10:45:29 PDT 2004

TM4525 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 10/29/04 12:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>ilkerozupak at yahoo.com writes:
>

>>>quick sho> I want to buy a NIC and I want it to be compatible
>>>with FreeBSD.
>>>Is RealTek 8139 compatible with FreeBsd ?
>>>

>>>rt answer : yes
>>>

>>long answer:
>>see hardware notes' it is listed there.
>>
>>RealTek 8129/8139 Fast Ethernet NICs ( rl(4) driver)
>>

>Check the driver source. Any driver witten by Bill Paul should be avoided
>if possible.

***plonk*** [1] [2] [3]

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.

[1] I am in no way associated with the FreeBSD Project or Foundation, nor
America Online, not Time-Warner, etc.  I am not a lawyer, nor a doctor, and
I have never "acted" like anything but myself when on television....

[2] I am in no wise recommending that anyone **else** add this address to
    their "killfile".

[3] If you need help in configuring message rules for your particular
MUA, there are lots of _nice_ folks on the lists who will be happy to
give assistance...