ports conflict

Petre Bandac petre.bandac at rdsnet.ro
Fri Oct 29 05:59:54 PDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:00:41 +0200 Anno Domini, the honourable Erik
Norgaard wrote using one of his keyboards:

> Petre Bandac wrote:
> > ===>  Installing for p5-DBD-mysql-2.9004_1
> >
> > ===>  p5-DBD-mysql-2.9004_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
> >       p5-Mysql-modules-1.2219
> >
> >       They install files into the same place.
> >       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > what must I do to have both of them installed ?
>
> No, it means that you can not have both, you must choose either one.
> If p5-Mysql-modules-1.2219 is not a dependency, simply uninstall it
> with pkg_delete. And go back to install whatever you were installing.
> If both are required due to dependencies, you have a problem.
>
> Please write what you are trying to install if p5-DBD-mysql-2.9004_1
> is needed by some other program.
>
> To see dependecies of p5-Mysql-modules, try this:
>
>   pkg_info p5-Mysql-modules-1.2219

I get this error when portupgrading amavisd-new

xxl# pkg_info p5-Mysql-modules-1.2219
[snip]
Required by:
amavisd-new-20040701

and also there is another interesting thing:

xxl# use.perl --help
Usage:
  /usr/local/bin/use.perl port       -> /usr/bin/perl is the perl5 port
  /usr/local/bin/use.perl system     -> /usr/bin/perl is the system perl

perl has the same path for the system and port version

> Cheers, Erik
>

> --
> Ph: +34.666334818                                  web:
> www.locolomo.org
> S/MIME Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/2004071206.crt
> Subject ID:
> A9:76:7A:ED:06:95:2B:8D:48:97:CE:F2:3F:42:C8:F2:22:DE:4C:B9
> Fingerprint:
> 4A:E8:63:38:46:F6:9A:5D:B4:DC:29:41:3F:62:D3:0A:73:25:67:C2__________

Petre Bandac

Network Engineer
Romania Data Systems - Brasov Branch
Tel: +4068474134
Fax: +4068474135

delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
this
message to anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.