Serious investigations into UNIX and Windows

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Oct 28 23:00:40 PDT 2004

Until something cheaper comes along.

Eazy+costly= nogo
Complex+cheap=don'tlike,but will do if it's cheaper than everything else
easy+cheap=everyone's favorite

Note that easy+cheap generally <> reliable but that is a different argument.

> So, to you, Windows is harder to administrate, to me Unix is harder to
> administrate.

THAT is a supportable position, and I agree that it is true for many.

It however leaves the question of which is more complicated, still open.

Ted