Troll (was: Development Resources)

Eihab E. Ibrahim eihab at qatar.net.qa
Thu Oct 28 14:52:50 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <TM4525 at aol.com>
To: <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc: <questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: Development Resources

> In a message dated 10/28/04 2:49:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> keramida at ceid.upatras.gr writes:
>>> Listen pal, there's are reason this stuff is free; figure it out for
> yourself!
>
>>Dear troll,
> I notice that you conveniently omitted the smiley, you uptight loser.  Relax
> bit and get off the sauce.

Dear troll,

The definition of a troll:

" A purposely stupid, inflammatory, or downright wrong article
(closely related to flamebait). Its purpose is to get people mad
and make them look stupid and gullible"
Source (your beloved AOL):
http://www.aol.com/netfind/newsgroup/glossary.html

Let's break down your response to see how you define as one.
> "Listen pal.."
Original message from: "spiraleyedgirl at ..."
I guess that's just plain stupid.

> "there's are reason.."
No comment.

> "this stuff is free; figure it out for yourself!"

The original question was:
> Where can I find information on programming for FreeBSD?
Which you didn't seem to answer.

Finally, the original message was posted October 17th, your
answer however was posted October 28th, after 5 positive
posts and 11 days.

So I believe when Mr. Keramidas saluted you with "Dear troll"
he wasn't wrong at all.

Look at the bright side, he said "Dear", and your trolling actually
works!!

Have a nice day.

Eihab E. Ibrahim