Compiling with patches using the ports collectio

CHris Rich freebsdnews at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 07:58:58 PDT 2004

I'm looking at adding some patches to our qmail installation. But am
having troubles finding out exactly how i make the port compile using
the patch I'm wanting to use. The port I'm using is qmail-mysql  1.03
we have a patch that we use to compile with it, that replaces the
qmail-103.patch file. We also use qmailqueue patch. The patch we are
trying to put into effect checks a text file to see if an address is
valid before accepting the smtp connection.

So how exactly do I make the new patch compile? Do I have to edit the
Makefile? or just put it somewhere and it works?

Thanks in advance