Zend Studio Installed & Not

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu Oct 28 00:37:39 PDT 2004

* Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> [20041028 06:13]: wrote:
> On 2004-10-27 20:56, Jason Dusek <jason-dusek at uiowa.edu> wrote:
> > I tried to install Zend Studio today, but after make all something funny
> > happened: it popped up a window and started asking me questions. I told it
> > to cancel - I'd run the install target later.
> >
> > When I try to run install, I get this:
> >
> >   # make install
> >   ===>  Installing for ZendStudio-3.5.1
> >   ===>   ZendStudio-3.5.1 depends on file: /compat/linux/etc/redhat-release
> >   -
> >   found
> >   ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> >   ===>  Checking if devel/zendstudio already installed
> >   pkg_info: package bsdpan-IO-stringy-2.109 has no origin recorded
> >   pkg_info: package bsdpan-OLE-Storage_Lite-0.13 has no origin recorded
> >   pkg_info: package bsdpan-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2603 has no origin
> >   recorded
> >   ===>   ZendStudio-3.5.1 is already installed
> >         You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
> >         by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
> >         If you really wish to overwrite the old port of devel/zendstudio
> >         without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
> >         in your environment or the "make install" command line.
> >   *** Error code 1
> >
> > so then I run make deinstall:
> >
> >   # make deinstall
> >   ===>  Deinstalling for devel/zendstudio
> >   pkg_info: package bsdpan-IO-stringy-2.109 has no origin recorded
> >   pkg_info: package bsdpan-OLE-Storage_Lite-0.13 has no origin recorded
> >   pkg_info: package bsdpan-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2603 has no origin
> >   recorded
> >   ===>   ZendStudio not installed, skipping
> >
> > I forced the install, by setting "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER" like it says above,
> > and now I have a copy of Zend Studio that doesn't work. The uninstall
> > script that comes with Zend Studio is the only thing that works. What is
> > the problem with my ports tree?
>
> I recently stopped the installation of a port when package registration was
> taking place for a dependency.  I used FORCE_PKG_REGISTER on some ports later,
> then promptly pkg_delete'd all the ports that I used FORCE_PKG_REGISTER on,
> deleted all the work subdirectories of my ports[1] tree (to make sure I didn't
> have stale build trees around) and reinstalled the port I wanted.
>
> [1] I usually prefer running something like the following instead of "make
> clean" on the entire ports tree:
>
> 	# cd /usr/ports
> 	# find . -type d -maxdepth 3 -name work | xargs rm -fr

This is complicated for the rest of us.
With sysutils/portupgrade installed, a simple

`portsclean -C` will do the same.

There are other sysutils/port* tools but I have not used them.

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash at wananchi.com>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121