[How To] Setting up a http server

Olaf Stein stein.175 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 26 07:48:22 PDT 2004

After installing apache and needed modules with ports the configuration is
not too much different than on a linux or *nix system (main difference is
the location off the config files)

Unfortunately I do not know any good howto`s that cover every single step or
topic
I guess you will need to find several ones

olaf

>I would like to know if there are any good How To's out there,
>on setting up a FreeBSD 4.10 server to act as a web server. I am new to
>FreeBSD but if the steps are for the most part clear I can get it.
>Something
>that goes from the installation of FreeBSD and how to set it up properly to
>how to download and configure things if using the command line and not
>X-Windows or similar.

Clay