FTP mirror

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 02:17:28 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 08:09:15AM +0400, Danilka Kutepkin wrote:
> I'd like to create an freebsd mirror on my host. My host is connected
> to the Internet by a very hi perfomance channel, so, I'd like to
> create a russian mirror of your FTP. What is the summ. size of
> allfiles on ftp.freebsd.org? What should I do to become a member of
> your FTP mirror list?

The freebsd-hubs at freebsd.org list covers all aspects of running
FreeBSD ftp, www and cvsup mirrors.  It's the best place to contact
the people you need to in order to set up something like you're
proposing.

See also what is basically the manual for running a FreeBSD mirror:

   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/index.html

which will answer your immediate questions.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way