perl vs php round 1

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Tue Oct 26 00:00:46 PDT 2004

In the immortal words of Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens at gmail.com>...
> Dame you, now i still don't know which one to use PS what about python
> ? Doesn't google and nasa use python, i wonder why. It has defenatly
> the coolest name meaning i can make phyton aplications sounds way
> cooler then perl or php or java :P

The simplest answer is, pick one, learn it, then use it.  They all have
pros and cons.  I tend to mix and match with Perl & PHP depending on
what I need.  If I need web output I use PHP, if I need console output/
background stuff then I use Perl.

I suggest that you look at example code from each one, and pick
whichever one you understand the most from reading the code.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au>