photoshop

Hugh Ekeberg ekeberg at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 25 22:49:14 PDT 2004

The important thing I personally need with Photoshop is layers and running
effects over those layers. This sort of controll is also found in Gimp.

However you gotta realize that Adobe is backed by more money, bigger staff,
etc so their product has become more powerfull.

Having said that, Gimp is pretty powerfull in its own right and will probably
do what you want.

Check out http://www.gimp.org/
The spec sheet is at: http://www.gimp.org/about/introduction.html

Why not give it a spin?