refreshing /dev direcotry to show CD tracks

Eric Thornton gonesurfing at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 25 10:06:42 PDT 2004

Can't seem to find this info in man page, or elsewhere.

I'm trying to figure out how to update the /dev directory after
inserting a CD to show the CD's tracks.  The /dev direcotry does list
the CD tracks (/dev/acd0t01...02...) but only after i try to access the
disk erroneously through mount /cdrom. I have a shell script that can
dump the tracks once they've appeared, but my script dies when the
filenames arent present.  Is there a command that will "refresh" the
direcory after CD is inserted?

Thanks

Eric