KDE, kernel or other problem?

Vlad Tudorache vladtudorache at home.ro
Sun Oct 24 13:19:08 PDT 2004

I was testing this on Linux (2.4.26 or 2.6.x) and FreeBSD 4.10 and 5.21.
My CD-RW refuses to eject media from KDE (NOT form GNOME) when I'm using
the "devices" created on desktop and sometimes even at "eject" command
from console. Or, EVEN IF the CD is ejected, there's an error like
"eject /dev/sr0 failed!" (replace sr0 with coresponding devices for the
OSes I mentioned). I repeat, NOT under GNOME. This happens on all the
systems I mentioned, with/without atapicam or ide-scsi, respectively
(I'm sorry for beeing so brief but I've been using UNIXes for ~3 years
and I didn't have any problem). IThe problem appears with generic and
self-compiled kernels.
Help!
Thank you.