gnome2-nautilus2 lib issue

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Oct 23 10:13:02 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 02:20, kalin mintchev wrote:

> >> thanks - i just did a grep on both directories. no file mentions this
> >> library...
> >
> > Then I'm not sure where it's coming from.  You could search
> > /usr/local/etc and /usr/X11R6/etc, but if you don't find it, you might
> > need to do a portupgrade -Rf nautilus2 to fix all of Nautilus'
> > dependencies.
>
> getting tired of this...
> i just did a make clean for the whole gnome2 port and still stops at the
> same damn place with:
>
> cc: /usr/local/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.5.16: No such file or directory
> gmake[2]: *** [libnautilus.la] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/x11-fm/nautilus2/work/nautilus-2.6.3/libnautilus'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/x11-fm/nautilus2/work/nautilus-2.6.3'
> gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fm/nautilus2.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/gnomecontrolcenter2.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2.
>
> i need this machine in shape for tomorrow for my work....

As I said, try portupgrade -afu.  This can _a long time_ if you have a
lot of ports installed.  However, it will most likely eliminate the
problem you are seeing.  If not, then there is something on your system
(probably a component installed outside of the ports/packages system)
that is messing things up.  I have no idea what it is.  You could always
grep through the entire system for
"/usr/local/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.5.16".

If this is really critical to you, and you can't find where the bad
library is coming from, you could always backup your settings from
/usr/local and /usr/X11R6, then remove /usr/local, /usr/X11R6, and
/var/db/pkg, then reinstall everything from scratch.

Joe