Serious investigations into UNIX and Windows

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Oct 23 09:30:50 PDT 2004

Stefan [Swebase AB] wrote:
> I have tried searching for this but i only get reports made by students
> and private programmers, i trust a programmer more than a large
> corporation any day but to show a person i know and convince him i need
> some serious investigations made by large corporations into comparing
> BSD and Windows systems in various areas.

You should ask this question on freebsd-advocacy.  Better yet, if whoever this
is wants to do a serious investigation, tell him (or her) to go find a ruler
and do their _own_ measurements.

> Some friends of mine have told me that yahoo, msn and microsoft all use
> FreeBSD but until i can show him that and prove it to him that means
> nothing.

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.yahoo.com
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.msn.com