OOo-1.1.3

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Oct 23 03:03:57 PDT 2004

I downloaded the OOo-1.1.3_nl package yesterday and wanted to
install it like I did the previous version.
I was very surprised to see that it did *not* wanted to install with a
pkg_add onto my freebsd-4.10p3 system. It was made dependend on de X.Org
libraries and such is not what you'de expect for a 4.10 system, right?
OK if it were 5.3; X.Org is default on that, I'm told, but hey, not
everyone has made the changes to xorg..

Which leads me to another question: would this behaviour of deps on
X.Org become 'normal' in the future? Is it really worthwhile to make the
switch to X.Org in favor of XFree86-4.4? The latter runs smoothly on my
fbsd-4.10 Will X.Org be better??? I checked the net for information but
both parties don't mention eachothers pro's/contra's

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)