freebsd and MS Active Directory

Andy Firman andy at firman.us
Fri Oct 22 13:16:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 03:40:44PM -0400, Danny wrote:
> AD is a massive beast. Where do you want to go with it? Just set it up
> for fun, or?

For fun?  I don't think so.  Heh.

> What type of integration? Authentication? DNS? Need specifics...

2 things.  One is Exim AD ldap lookups to the Exchange server to
verify recipient for my FreeBSD email gateway.  Having no luck
getting that to work.  I can do an ldapsearch and extract the
emails from that.

The second thing I will need to do by the end of the year is
have employees login to the Intranet on my FreeBSD box using
the AD credentials.  So I will have to use auth_ldap on my Apache
server so Apache can do an AD lookup.  That will be tough.

Andy