Netgear WG511 (no driver attached)

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Thu Oct 21 21:39:00 PDT 2004

Andy said the following on 8/21/2004 3:14 PM:

>not sure if you got this problem solved yet, but the reason the ath driver didnt work is because the WG511 uses the Prism Duette chipset (it is the WG511T that uses the ath)
>You can get it up and running under linux, (http://www.prism54.org) but i do not know of any native FreeBSD drivers
>If you've already solved this, than ignore me ;)

I, too, have recently purchased a WG511--and since I am interested in getting this working (5.3-STABLE). I'd also like to know if there's a way to get it to work in FBSD...Googling didn't help much :-/ I found some reference to an ndis kernel module, but that didn't seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance :)

Best,
Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759