KDE Front End for mPlayer

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Thu Oct 21 20:51:06 PDT 2004

Someone broke the silence:

> Hello everyone,
> 	Thanks in advance for any help. Still pretty fresh
> newbie here with FreeBSD
> and *nix in general. I have been trying to find a front end
> for mplayer in
> KDE 3.2. My system is 4.10, with an essentially generic
> kernel with sound
> drivers added. I have tried "making" both kmplayer, and
> kplayer from the
> ports tree. Both error out citing a dependancy on openldap-2.2.17
> I have tried to upgrade openldap using pkg_update and portupgrade,
> neither can find the upgraded software:

Have you tried gmplayer which is included with mplayer if you compile mplayer without "WITHOUT_GUI"?

> seminary# pkg_update openldap-2.2.17
> Can't find package file openldap-2.2.17
>
> seminary# portupgrade openldap-2.2.17
> ** No such installed package: openldap-2.2.17

Do not include the version number when you use either pkg_update or portupgrade.  Instead, just do like this:

pkg_update openldap
portupgrade openldap

If there are more than one versions, it'll ask you yes or no for each version.

--
Chris Haulmark
System Admin. Freelancer