freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 80, Issue 35

Eric S ejs at americanlowlife.com
Thu Oct 21 08:12:00 PDT 2004

>ok just rebuilt 1.01p4, and i still can't use my arrow keys in forum editor
>boxes. back to the real mozilla. gg firefox
>
>and don't complain about my top-posting cause IT'S TEH ROX

Two things.  First, to fix the problem with the arrow keys, make a
backup of your bookmarks file (and cookie file if you want), nuke the
default firefox directory under .mozilla, and run firefox again.
Deleting just the preferences may also work.  After doing this, if you
deleted the entire directory, you'll need to restore the files that you
backed up.

Second, when dealing with a forum where you're getting help dealing with
problems, it's generally best not to lead in with attitude.  It would
have been easier for me to simply delete the message and keep going, but
I took the time to post the solution because there might be someone else
having this problem who is worth answering.  This has nothing to do with
whether or not you top posted, but rather the attitude displayed.