Rid of those Windows Desktops!

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Thu Oct 21 07:26:07 PDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:07:29 +0100
"Brian " <Brian at bossbox.com> wrote:

><snip>

Cool :)

> Can people recommend some nice window managers, email clients etc ?

aterm/mlterm
sylpheed-claws
fluxbox
xemacs
xchat2
firefox
avidemux2
mplayer
dfm

If you don't like fluxbox, start trying window managers till you find
one you like. I would suggest staying away from KDE/Gnome due to a lot
of limiting factors in using either as a desktop. Those two are
common, but there are much better out there. I would suggest you find
ports you like and roll your own desktop solution. If you really don't
want to go through all that time messing with it all, XFCE offers a
better than average prerolled desktop solution, still not that well
put together in some aspects.

For security, the handbook is nice :)