Two faced FreeBSD - or is that two headed?

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Oct 20 13:22:16 PDT 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 4:11 PM, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> What makes a dual headed card?

The card needs to have two RAMDACs, and two HD-15 VGA or DVI connectors.

> My system invoice described the video card as follows:
>
> 128MB DDR GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI 128FX52
>
> So, I have a TV-Out *and* DVI port on this card.  I take it this isn't
> the same, and I won't get the expected results by plugging the new
> monitor into this port?

The GeForce 5200 is (was?) the lowest-end model of the 5xxx series,
somewhat comparible to the "MX" variants of the GF 2 & 3 lines.  I
betcha the 5400 or higher has dual connections, assuming your card does
not.

> But I do have to get a second card - the multiple outputs in this card
> won't fit the bill, will it?

Well, you can usually get an AGP and a PCI card to work at the same
time; that will also give you two heads.

--
-Chuck